Easter Sunday is approaching quicker than Peter Cottontail can bounce down the rabbit trail, which means it’s almost time to break out the egg dying kits, plan your Easter dinner menu, and start putting together your family’s Easter baskets. Despite the fact that there is a lot to do before the Easter Bunny arrives, making time to share these funny Easter memes will be a welcome addition to the festivities.
The Christian festival, which this year falls on Sunday, April 9th, has been held as a commemoration of Jesus Christ’s resurrection since the second century. Easter, like many other religious festivals (think Christmas), has evolved into a very commercial celebration with chocolate rabbits, Easter baskets, and colorfully colored eggs. The Easter Bunny, of course, arrives in the middle of the night with baskets full of goodies and treats to excite kids all around the world on Easter Sunday morning.
These Happy Easter memes are ideal for Zoom get-togethers, Instagram status, or any time you come across an unwitting child in need of a pun or a laugh. You can send one out on Easter morning to wish for their well-being. You can utilize one of our Easter jokes to keep your friends close and chuckle with them. You may be viewed as oh-so-corny at whichever time you choose to share your wonderful memes, but you know you’ll be building relationships.
Since you are going to have a hard time laughing, let’s start by making you smile. Let’s take a look at some of the fun facts about Easter:
- The Easter Bunny (Osterhase) originated in Germany. It was first mentioned in the 1500s in German writings.
- From where did Easter get its name? This Christian holiday was named after Eostre, an Anglo-Saxon goddess who was represented as a Goddess of Fertility, Dawn, and Light.
- Eggs are dyed blood red to symbolize Jesus’ blood in Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches before being blessed and distributed to attendees.
- When filled to the capacity with eggs, the handwoven Easter basket represents birds’ nests and new life.
- 76 percent of Americans claim they bite off a chocolate bunny’s ears first, followed by 5% who bites off the feet first, and 4% who bite off the tail first.
- The art of pysanka, or egg decorating, is a Ukrainian tradition.
- In 2017, the National Confectioners Association estimated that 16 billion jelly beans will be purchased and devoured in the United States.
- Bristol created the first chocolate egg in the United Kingdom in 1873. Cadbury’s produced its first Easter egg two years later, in 1875.
- In 12 of Germany’s 16 federal states, it is banned to dance in public for the full day on Good Friday. The remaining four have imposed partial prohibitions.
Best Easter Memes of 2023
1. This is a Religious Easter meme.
2. My doctor after finding out about my Easter binging on candy.
3. Kids are fast af.
5. How can we honour your sacrifice?
6. Three Whole Days.
7. Mary at Jesus’s tomb.
Recommended: Easter Jokes for Adults
8. Have we crossed a line?
9. Girls on Easter Sunday.
10. And on the third day…..!
11. There is another one, folks!
12. Which one are you?
13. Dads at 1am.
14. Oh Look more candy.
Recommended: Lent Jokes
15. Happy Ether.
16. Brown or white chocolate?
17. Evil Easter Bunny Be Like.
18. That’s a nice grave there.
19. Parking lot on Easter Sunday.
20. Thug Life moment!
Recommended: Dirty Easter Memes
21. Are ya risen, son?
22. Spare a thought for Roman soldiers.
23. Easter Basket for grownups.
24. Happy Easter to all bunnies.
25. Egg hunt begins.
Recommended: Easter Knock Knock Jokes